- Estimated difficulty: 5/10 [because of “Perfection”]
- Offline: 12 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 200: 1-5+ Hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Multiple
- Number of missable achievements: 12 [unable to play individual stages]
- Does difficulty affect achievements: No difficulty
- Do cheat codes disable achievements: No codes
- Glitchy / unobtainable achievements: No
- Extra equipment needed: No
Time Pilot is a flying shoot ‘em up arcade game released by Konami in 1982. This Xbox Live Arcade version was released in August 2006.
The object of the game is to shoot down enemy aircraft while avoiding their projectiles. Once you’ve eliminated 56 aircraft, a larger aircraft will appear which you need to destroy to advance to the next stage.
11 of the 12 achievements are relatively simple with a little practice, some easier than others. Complete all five stages, shoot down missiles and bombs, rescue parachuters and destroy enemy bombers and formations make up the bulk of these achievements. The final achievement, “Perfection”, requires you to make it to the fifth stage (2001) without losing a life. This task can be quite daunting, but with practice and some luck, it can be accomplished in time.
Since there is no stage selection, if you miss out on any achievements you need to replay the entire game. If you complete the 2001 stage, each full game takes only about 6 or 7 minutes. The difficulty does get harder with each stage.
As far as a walkthrough, for every stage, you just need to use or the D-Pad to rotate while constantly pressing to shoot down the enemy aircraft until the “boss” appears. Progress through the game to unlock all five stage-based achievements.
Next, there are three stage-specific achievements:
- You need to destroy 10 bombs on the 1910 stage (to unlock “Missile Attack 1”).
- You need to shoot down four bombers on the 1940 stage (to unlock “Bomber Hunter”).
- You need to shoot down 20 missiles on the 1970 stage (to unlock “Missile Attack 2”).
Then, there are two achievements that can be accomplished on any stage as long as you don’t lose all of your lives before unlocking them. They are “Formation Buster” and “Rescue Mission”.
The final two achievements are for reaching a certain stage without losing a life. “Smooth Operator” requires you to complete the 1910 stage without dying and for “Perfection” you need to reach the 2001 stage without dying.
As previously mentioned, if you miss any achievements, you need to restart the game from the beginning. The majority of them can be unlocked during your first playthrough if you pay attention, but even if you miss any, the game is short enough so replaying takes no time at all.
The one achievement that will probably take many playthroughs is “Perfection”. That is the reason for the higher difficulty score and extended time to 100% this game.
Congratulations on another 200! I hope you found this guide helpful on your quest to earn more gamerscore.
[XBA would like to thank bLaKgRaVy for this roadmap]